Twitter Facebook Vimeo

Are you protected? Non-EEA students at private colleges


If you are a non-EEA student at a private college and started classes after 21st January 2016, your college must provide you with 'learner protection' to keep the fees you have paid safe.

This is an important rule change that ICOS called for. We want to check that students are getting their rights to this protection. If you are a non-EEA student with a private college and your course lasts for more than 3 months, we encourage you to take part in our quick learner protection survey.

Are You Protected? logoThis is what the Irish immigration service (INIS) has said about learner protection:

"All [private] colleges must provide enrolled learner protection. Your letter of acceptance must clearly demonstrate that you are covered by learner protection arrangements.

NB. Where the college's enrolled learner protection arrangements are through an insurance scheme, each student must have a certificate of proof of enrolled learner protection in their own name demonstrating that they are covered."- INIS - Student FAQ

This survey is now closed.