ICOS provides support and expertise to its members in a variety of ways, including:
- acting as a national voice to influence policy issues related to the rights and welfare of international students, including representation on government appointed committees
- delivering regular electronic updates on developments in the international education sector, both nationally and internationally
- offering training and professional development courses, discounted for member institutions
- working with international students and their representative organisations to ensure their voices are heard
- providing advice and information on student immigration matters
- maintaining an online Members' Area with a document repository including consultations on key policy areas
The Irish Council for International Students (ICOS) welcomes new members. [View current membership list].
- Educational institutions and professional training organisations based in the Republic of Ireland
- Student organisations, NGOs, faith bodies, private and public sector organisations with an interest in international education
- Be part of an active network of like minded professionals
- Keep updated on developments in the sector locally and internationally through regular eNewsletters and members' access to ICOS website
- Avail of information and advice service from experienced staff
- Benefit from subsidised training and network events
We invite non-members to find out more about joining. Our training services are available to members and non-members.