Irish Council for International Students
Promoting the general welfare of international students since 1970
We are an independent organisation advocating for the rights of all international students in Ireland, whether studying in higher education, further education, in a language school or other setting. » More
This site provides information and advice on studying in Ireland and outlines our activities and advocacy work in the area of International Education.
You can also discover more about Irish Aid Fellowships which are administered in partnership with ICOS and form part of the Irish Government's wider development efforts. These fellowships provide key professionals with postgraduate educational opportunities in Ireland to enhance their contribution in their home countries after their studies and are closely aligned with Irish Aid programmes in partner countries.
» ICOS Updates
- INIS issues guidance for employers on new non-EEA student work rules
- New rules for colleges. New rules for students. What you need to know.
- Shelbourne College scandal emphasises need for tuition fee protection for international students
- New 2014 international student data available
- New government policy: make your college decisions using it now!
- Student holiday periods from 1st January 2015 – understanding the new rules
- Government Policy Statement: “Regulatory Reform of the International Education Sector and the Student Immigration Regime”
- Choosing a college: 'A glossy website can hide some ugly truths'